21 March 2005

LJ: music and not sleeping

I haven't been sleeping well, keep waking up to pee or just be wide awake at 3am. I hate waiting.

I have been obsessing over Sea Change by Beck. Love love LOVE IT! The whole album on repeat when I walk to the bus. Additionally I love Discovery by Daft Punk. Digital Love and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger rule (but then again I like their song Around the World wherein they repeat "around the world" like 100 times which drives Shannon mad in the head so maybe you won't like it). (Futher parathetical info: their website, http://www.daftpunk.com, presently consists of a new single entitled Robot Rock which appears to be the only lyric to the song too. I say awesome!)

Tegan and Sara are also on my radar. I've got a hold on their most recent album from the library; in the meantime I listen/watch their videos on mtv.com. They rock and I think you guys will like their stuff too.

My love of Sea Change intersected with my sleeplessness when I was trying to get back to sleep a few nights ago. Suddenly I was interviewing Beck in my dreams and trying to sound so cool, like in Almost Famous but I realized I hadn't heard his new album (Guero) and just wanted to ask him questions about Sea Change.