12 August 2003

LJ:

This past weekend was bizarre. I was in a strange mood. I didn't want to study or talk to anyone or deal with anything. Shannon is sick with pneumonia and it's freaking me out more than I care to admit. She gets really breathless and dizzy and tired and I can't do anything to help. Work is stupid and too busy. I'm feeling very stessed out by all I need to finish before September. Midterms are this week and I can't find any desire to study. I just want to pause everything for about two weeks until Shannon gets better. I want to sleep until I feel rested. I want all the weirdness in me to drain away. I want the dog to calm the hell down and Lucy to stop puking and Moby to stop trying to escape. I just want and want and want but nothing seems enough.

I made chicken soup and minestrone for Shannon on Sunday. I plan on leaving work early everyday this week so she doesn't have to take care of the dog alone. Apparently even after the infection is gone, the patient can take weeks to regain their full strength. I don't want anyone I love to ever get really sick, ok? Can you all just promise me that?