So I'm done with week 3. What? Time is speeding by. I can't even believe that I'm in school again. I've been planning my post-Grinnell moves for so long, it's weird that one of them actually happened. First I was all into midwifery, then nursing, then culinary, then massage school. I'm glad this one stuck. I'm happy with it all, the changes and all the other disruption that comes along with it. Even though they suck, they are good for me.
We made hollandaise on Wednesday. I had a great group, me, Mark and Ryer (a nice boy from N. Dakota). We were fairly well organized and together. All our sauces and our au gratin potatoes turned out yummy. It was harder to concentrate cuz it was Wednesday but we rocked nevertheless. We had a quiz I think I did good on and got out on time.
Mark is such a funny guy. I found out he's a born-again Christian which of course freaked me out because I've been talking about Shannon as my partner since Day 1. Turns out he's one of those folks that needed something (and he picked religion) to help them get their act together. So even though I wouldn't have picked it, for him, it seems to be a really positive thing, one that turned him into a person he's proud to be. He also seems not to be proselytizing type at all so that's cool. My lesbionic lifestyle doesn't bother him either, so that's good. The weirdest part is that had I known his religious inclination, I would not have cultivated his friendship. I would have shut myself down to him and figured he wasn't worth my time. I'm really glad he and I are friends and that we did get along so well right off the bat. He gets to be a little lesson for me not to become that which I abhor.
Yesterday I had Nutrition and we learned about carbohydrates and how we digest them. Boring but not difficult. Our class is on par with a high school science class: very factual and clearly defined, boring and rote. But the best part was when Shannon was waiting after class. She had had a thing downtown and the timing was fairly close, so we decided to meet up and drive home together. Yeah! I got to walk and talk with her, drive the car, pick up some Galooney's (mmm, galooney's) and get home with enough time to walk the dog AND watch tv, all before falling into bed with the Shanmeister. Good day.