28 July 2003

LJ:

Weekends aren't long enough. I have a lot of sleeping, whining, procrastinating, TV to watch, playing to do with Shannon. There's not enough time what with school crowding me all week. I crammed all my homework into like an hour last night. I didn't practice my knife skills because I like living on the edge apparently. :)

Saturday was a great day. I got up with Shannon so I could use the car and get a sense of accomplishment for the day instead of sleeping it all away. I think being awake and doing nothing is more important to me than sleeping. weird huh? But so I drove Shannon to work and then returned home to shower and go out myself. I drove around for about a half hour, going no where in particular, just driving and listening to music. Finally I ended up at Patrick's bakery where I had a croissant, coffee, cigarette and read the CityPages. Shannon and I were going to go to a movie, then we ended up renting a movie on Sunday, but still didn't watch it. Later that day, Max and I went to the river. He swam and frolicked a lot. I got sand in my shorts and kicked off my flip-flops so I could walk out a bit in the water. I got too much sun and tons of bug bites but it was great. I miss going to the river daily. Then I went to pick up Shannon and we crashed at home. We ate sandwiches with goat cheese and veggies. I cleaned the bathroom top to bottom. There is no more mildew or soap scum in our shower thanks to me. Our toilet bowl is pristine. I got so sweaty though in the process. It was like a sauna except not at all. I also swept a bunch of rooms and washed dishes too. Woohoo cleaning.

The best part of Saturday was watching Pioneer Quest on PBS. It's a Canadian show about two couples who live as pioneers for a year in Manitoba I think. It's awesome. Shannon and I wanted to be in the country after watching just a little bit of it. Canadians are awesome.

Yesterday we didn't end up taking the dog anywhere but we all just hung out in the house all day. We put the couch into a bed so we could be super snuggly and lazy while watching tv. Max even got to cuddle since it was the couch. He chased his big ball all over the house all day long. I guess we did leave the house for a while to go have dim sum. I love dim sum. Yeah to taro with pork. Yeah to chinese broccoli. Yeah even to sesame seeded buns with sweet bean paste. Yeah to shrimp dumplings and deep fried shrimp balls. Then we watched "Life with Birds" although there was much sleeping what with a bed couch in the living room. Then we made apricot jam with honey, watched about the last four wives of Henry the VIII, and ate cold pasta.

I definately ate well this weekend. Friday dinner at Marimar. I made a great tomato sauce on Saturday with sardines. Shannon walked in gushing about the smell. Dim sum Sunday. I'm a lucky girl.