I haven't been very focused these past two weeks of school. I've been adjusting to my new work schedule. Getting to the bus on time is proving to be difficult. I've been getting into a groove for school. I have a calendar now and I'm going to do homework over the weekend. It's my only time really. Last night, I got home before ten (woohoo!) and sat down to watch TV and had some pangs of loss. TV, my faithful friend, I just don't have much time for you in my life. I usually watch a couple hours of TV a day, but these past two weeks has been more like a couple hours if that in five days. Sure I make up for it on Sat and Sun, but this is a huge change for me. My mom probably wished I was this busy when I was twelve and we'd fight about how much TV I'd watch.
Part of me really wants to quit school. Because I can't watch as much TV anymore and I don't get home until after ten three days a week. Because I miss wasting my life away each night being totally selfish and lazy. Because it's challenging and I care about it too much. Part of me wants to shy away from all of this and retreat to my routine even though I hated it. What's going to come from this? How will this end? I want to find out but I don't want to have to participate in it. I feel this way often I think.
Shannon and I are going to have a date or something either tonight or sometime Sunday so we don't feel like two ships passing in the night all the time. Maybe a movie, maybe dinner, lots of talking and being silly.
Oh my god, how great is Abi Tapia?!? I mean I know she was great and darn cute, but she sounds great! Laurie, where did you get your cd? Her voice doesn't quite match how I remember her looking. I know that sounds odd, but you know how people's voices sometimes match their bodies well, but other times they don't seem to, like a deep low voice out of a small person or someone having a higher register when the sing than when they talk, that sort of thing. I should have gone to see her when she was here in Minneapolis. I'm a putz.