Yesterday was really good. I was in a group with Megan and Mark and Sonny and we rocked hard core. Everyone was much calmer and focused. We made brown veal stock (I know veal *wince*) and a veg stock. Then we did a silly scavenger hunt to test our identification of ingredients. I knew them all cuz I'm amazing. Next because we were so on time, we made ourselves food to eat. Grilled chicken, pasta, veggies - all with the veg stocks we made. We made risotto-style orzo. It turned out really good but a little starchier because it was pasta not rice. But yummy and creamy nevertheless. Our meat bone stocks are barely simmering all night long. I hope they turn out ok today.
Then afterwards I went out for a beer with Megan and Stacy and James (I think that's his name). It was nice and then Megan drove me home cuz she's so sweet. In general I liked talking to them, getting to know more about them. Folks talking about sex and love are funny. I guess I was a little less silly because I kept talking about death and religion with James. I was disappointed when everyone ripped on trailer parks and "white trash" but I wasn't offended enough to leave. They just remind me how much I love my friends who are family and that not everyone can be as cool as them.
In fact I called Shannon from the bar to let her know I wasn't dead in the road and just hearing her voice made me see the difference between new friends and old old ones, between hanging out in bars and cuddling at home. We are really spending a lot of time apart with my new schedule and I miss talking with her and hanging out and wasting time. I want to try to hang out after class occasionally but I have a puppy and a Shannon that are just more important. Max was all kinds of hyper when I got home. I got up early enough this morning to take him on a work and have some puppy cuddling time.