16 July 2003

LJ:

Day two: More knife skills, less nervous anxious energy, more cleaning, slightly more success. I got a little more tired without the anxiety to keep me awake but I was less hungry because I remembered to bring dinner. My knife skills are improving. I can cut fairly decent slices and turn them into sticks but I lose it trying to turn the sticks into cubes. I just make rectangles. I'll try to practice this weekend.

Still can't remember red-headed girl's name but she's as nice as ever. Worked with Heather but shall henceforth be referring to her as Christian cuz she's a big one. She works at TGIF and never wants to leave cuz she loves it so much. She's also getting a degree in Children's Ministry. But so far she's not rude nor is she a converter so I suppose I should be a little more open-minded. Mark is the Postman and he's goofy as ever. Found out he's 41. Bob asks funny questions still.

We got to roast peppers and I told them all about Albuquerque. I miss chile roasting in September and eating green chiles all year round. One of the greatest meals I have ever eaten in my life was tacos at Betsy and Amanda's. You brown ground beef with cooked potatoes and green chile. You heat up your corn tortillas in a hot skillet. But what made the meal was the condiments: lime wedges, cilantro, white onion, shredded lettuce or cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, salt. Incredible.