Holy poop! I have not updated for weeks! I don't even know where to begin. Shan and I moved last weekend. Due to a rental truck snafu, we did the whole thing on Saturday. It kicked my ass. I have never been so sore in my life. Sunday became our lazy day. We slept in, took the dog out, went shopping a bit, ate good food and saw "Finding Nemo" which was hilarious. Those Pixar folks write such great stories, moving, complex, very awesome. My relationship with movies and television is changing. I'm not sure how to explain it but I'll ruminate and post more later. Anyhoo, back to the narrative, Marlys (and her truck) was a great help. She's very polite as well when Shannon and I get a little testy. Generally, the move went well. However, our goldfish died due to lack of oxygen in their transport vessel. We felt awful, but then went out and bought a bigger tank and more goldies. Now we're up to a 10 gallon and currently have three tiny goldfish: a blue/gray one, a white one with a bright red headbumb and an orange one. We also got some live plants. Our snail survived the move. I'm not sure there's much out there that could end Slimey. He looks mamoth next to these little goldies.
The other pets are dealing just fine with the move. Moby's resumed his perch on the cat tree. Lucy is puking her way through the rooms. Luckily there's not a drop of pee outside the litterbox yet - woohoo! Both cats are also cackling at the birds nonstop. Max isn't noticing the change too much because we got him some new toys during our Petsmart trip. He's enjoying the new neighborhood smells, new places to pee, and new grass to chew.
I'm doing ok with the new bus route. In fact I think I love the 19. It's the bestest bus ever. I only have to walk 2 blocks and it runs right past the Chatterbox which is my new favorite place. It is destined to be our new local bar. Their brew rocks and the food is creative and yummy. Shan and I picked up Andy last night and smoked and drank and ate ourselves silly. We had to see Andy because it had been like 3 days without him already! He mentioned that he's working out a bike route to our new place so we won't always have to drive him. Luckily we have our futon as our couch now too so anyone who hikes over to see us and gets a little too tipsy to drive back can definately crash on it. :)
Ok, back to thoughts about the past weekend move... Shan did the exit walk through on Sat night at 9pm, we stayed at a motel that night as well (which is an awesome way to treat yourselves to hot long showers, cable, and a very dark room to sleep nice and late after all the hard work) and then Sunday it was so weird to drive home and not head to Uptown. We are using 494, 62 and 77/Cedar a lot to get around but all heading in opposite directions. I don't really have to take 35W or 94 anymore, weird.
Marlys stayed until Monday and unpacked a bunch of stuff for us. All our can goods are neatly lined up at the front edge of the shelves. Hee hee. She and Shannon shopped more and waited for our new mattress to be delivered. It is divine, soft and firm, perfectly new and indulgent. We have it directly on the ground and it is so stable and secure when you flop on to at the end of the day. *Sigh* Marlys took off when Shannon had to go to work Mon night. I went into work for a conference but took yesterday (Tues) off to sleep and unpack some more. Our new place is really feeling good to both of us.