25 April 2003

LJ:

I've been sick and unfocused and crappy about it for a week now. I just want to stay at home and sleep. blah!

I had a tiny splinter in the my right hand first finger that I couldn't get out. So I just left it in. I thought it had dissolved in to a brownish red circle under my skin. That seemed kinda cool, like my body was eating it or something. It got less cool as it started to be tender and hurt when I poked it. This morning in the shower I was squeezing it gently to try to help it breakdown when it started squirting pus. In this instance I thought the pus was cool. Then with more gentle squeezing the splinter came right out. Guess the brownish red circle was my immune system's defenses. Now it feels much better. It's nice to know that the splinter is out and there are no bits of wood in me anymore.

I still sound froggish and there is much too much phlegm in me. I hate being sickly. I have a short temper and I totally bottle things up then explode. I'm whiney when things don't go my way and I demand too much patience of Shannon. Even worse is that when Shannon is sick, I am down right rude to her about it. Quite often I am just not nice. I gotta work on that.

I've gotten a bunch of the web design books from the library and access to the U's universal webpage templates. I met with Pete in University relations about it yesterday. I liked Pete. He was just as soft spoken as me in the cubical setting. He has glasses and sounded like a born Minnesotan. I wonder what his life is like. People, when they aren't completely stupid, are really interesting. I'm getting to the point where I wonder why I thought men were so different or so weird or so scary. They have their own special charm I guess and even though they aren't girls, they aren't half bad. ;)