25 April 2003

LJ: Funny cat story

I totally forgot to relate this funny cat story, so here goes...

We came home on Tuesday from a loooong Target trip to find the back porch screen pushed out. Of course it wasn't burglary, just our cats liberating themselves from the house. Lucy comes strolling up to the car all "Hey" and "Dinnertime!" so Shannon scoops her up and inside where she shuts the window. I know Moby must of bolted as well, so I whistle and sure enough he pops out of nowhere on to the drive. I head inside with him feeling lucky out kitties didn't get smooshed. Shannon says Moby eats, cleans his paws and then heads to the window again hoping to get lucky.

I go to take the dog out and run into our neighbor Sara who knows Minna. She asks if I heard the mischief our kitties caused. I'm all, "What?" and she tells me how Moby climbed on to our roof to get to their roof (not too suprising cuz he's a daredevil climber). But once on the neighbor's roof, he enters in the 2nd story window and picks a fight with the cat that lives there. He just waltzed in and gets all smackdown on this poor cat in its home. Sara rang our bell and tried to corral the suckers but of course we weren't there. I ask her to apologize to her upstairs neighbors and go inside to tell Shannon.

Then later Andy calls. Turns out he rode by on his bike to say hello and saw the evil kitties outside. He tried to get them in the window but they scattered as soon as he came near. He wanted to make sure they were ok. Since then they have been stalking the backdoor and their escape window, wondering why we confine them so.

I think they will be ready to go outside in our new place...