15 April 2003

LJ:

Current mood: anticipatory
Current music: impossible princess radio

RealPlayer sucks. Whenever it's open and I type, I lose my cursor. It's still there, but I can't see it so I have to navigate via the tab key or relying on the features that visually change when I roll the cursor over it. On my desktop and on the realplayer I can see my cursor but that's all. :P

So here's some news. Shannon and I signed for a new place in southeast Minneapolis. It's a gorgeous upper 2 bedroom in a duplex. It's got hardwood floors, lots of windows, radiators, a semi-enclosed yard in the back, and it's only 3 blocks away from Lake Hiawatha. Plus the neighborhood seems so residential that we probably will let the cats out after we get settled. It's more dangerous for them, but I think it increases their happiness. Climbing trees, stalking bugs, pooping outdoors, eating grass, exploring = happy cats.

We'll get to explore new buslines, new coffee shops and restaurants. Very exciting. But the actual moving is going to suck. We've got lots of stuff to try to sell/donate, lots to pitch, and tons left to pack. We get to clean our old place and do all this moving in a very short weekend I think as well. I cringe to think of how hot it will be...

Otherwise not much else to report except random bits. I started reading "A Midwife's Tale" History is cool. I'm still deciding about when to start culinary school, July or Oct. I'm leaning towards July even though it means I probably won't get to go on a fabulous week at a cabin on Lake Superior. Shannon has a calculus test today but due to her excellent performance thus far, she can drop this grade if it sucks. Peggy wants me to keep working 40/wk while in school if I can, but she understands if I go down to 75% time. I just doubt that I will be as hardcore as her. Derrick's flat stanley has not gotten his picture taken yet but hopefully Shannon and I will get ourselves together soon. I feel like ending this entry by saying toodles...