01 March 2013

Spring crafty plans

We've begun to think about what we are going to plant this spring & summer.  Gardening plans are being scaled back this year, so no big plot in the campus garden and hopefully a lot less weeding.  There are beds around the house that face east & curve around to the south.  The front of the house is the hottest western exposure.  There are some plants that already exist in these beds that we'll work around, mostly hostas that could probably benefit from being dug up & split.  I'm hoping to put in some bulbs & flowers, some herbs & veggies, but just keeping the scale much more reasonable and manageable.  I'll have time this summer being on leave and all, but I'll also have most juggling with a kid to keep engaged & a baby to keep content.

I have also been knitting quite a bit.  I finished some mittens for Pip (although the thumbs are a bit wonky I think) and have lots of baby projects in the works.  Luckily they go fast.  I even started on some more socks for me.  Maybe this time next year, I'll have put a decent dent in the yarn stash.

No comments: