Things to do before new baby arrives:
-Make PJ a baby book of photos. We've talked & talked about this the past four years and yet the sheer volume of photos is overwhelming. Having nothing to hold and flip through is lame though.
-Knit something, anything. Although I feel the stress of having a kid and working full-time, this new baby deserves some hand knits too, booties & hats at least. A sweater would be nice.
-Assemble crib & rearrange our bedroom
-Spring gardening. I'd love to get some flowers & early veggies in the ground before the end of May. This will depend on the weather as much as my motivation. We aren't doing a big garden plot at the college anymore. I was lazy about weeding when I lived 5 mins away so I can only imagine how much neglect it will see now that I'm 20. There are small beds at our new place that I'm happy to think about cultivating. There are hostas to divide and spread around the yard. We are going to get some pots for the front steps I think.
-Clean up the guest bedroom. Right now it's a bit of a catch all for boxes and junk. Family will arrive right after if not right before this new kid is born so we should definitely be ready.
-Think about meals. I'm not really sure how to prepare our cupboards/freezer for another baby. In the beginning, grandparents will be around to help. It won't be until after the visitor rush wears off that things might get hectic, but it will be summer vacation. Pip & I will have time to go to stores & farmer's markets. I'm actually very excited not to have to find non-stop summer camps for her. It'll probably be the only summer I'll have off with her anytime soon. I don't know how having a new baby will impact my plans, other than to lower my expectations drastically.
No comments:
Post a Comment