Shannon and PJ are off to Iowa, and I have a vacation, the first since giving birth. It's bizarre having my home so empty and quiet.
Our new home is great so far, very homey feeling already. There are boxes everywhere though and more furniture coming from Iowa once Shannon and hopefully a cousin or two, load it onto the moving trailer. Fingers crossed that all goes well. We have a guest room now and a washer and dryer. I've been doing fix-it things around the house which is nice. But there's no A/C so it can get a bit sweaty. I'm ready for summer to be over.
I've got a couple movies I want to see. I plan to check out libraries and waste lots of time looking at stores. I'm trying to enjoy the solitude. I was so excited at the propsect of six days to myself. Then as we moved and the time came closer, I got intensely sad thinking of them being there without me and me being here without them. So I'm trying not to dwell on those feelings, but enjoy my time of self-indulgence. Sometimes I wonder why I freak out over changes so much and cannot seem to appreciate what is right in front of me, but wondering won't really change my personality. Instead I'm trying to take deep breaths and forge ahead. I spend too much time whining, worrying and criticizing anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment