29 March 2010

spontaneous

Despite the fact that I have some posts languishing in draft form, that I've stopped my monthly posts about PJ, that I just haven't been making time to write, I did kind of feel like it today. So I thought I'd pop in for a little spontaneous post.

I look on vet job sites and think about places that we might live if Shannon applies and gets a job. I like to look for the towns on maps and then figure out how faraway we'd be from our families, our friends.

We are thinking much more seriously about the midwest again after Shannon's grandma died in March, we went back for the funeral, and got a little crazy thinking about how much time we could spend together if we were closer to all those family members, aka free baby-sitters. We were there for a funeral which was sad, but it was great to see family and even great that Margaret was no longer in pain anymore.

Her family farm is being sold, most of it anyway, and it's a little sad.

I'm borrowing Shannon's work laptop right now and I think it's portability is facilitating this spontaneous post. Shannon's mac is on it's last leg so maybe I'm just in laptop withdrawal. Maybe I need to trade in my clunky desktop for a laptop.

We've only got four more months in this cabin on this farm. Crazy. I will miss it even though I have been super isolated and cramped here. I think I've figured out this full-time parenting gig under some of the most stressful conditions. Doing this in a large house with a washer/dryer is going to be a piece of cake.

When I saw my dad during the week Pip and I spent in St. Louis this month, he tried to be tactful when he asked if I ever plan on having a career. I don't know honestly, but I think I'll mostly just have jobs. He also kept calling my sister by my name while I was there. I must be sure never to do this lest I turn into him any faster. I wonder if he and my stepmom will ever come visit.

I've been thinking about gardening lately. Maybe next summer I'll have a veggie garden. This was prompted by my mom and stepdad's composting. Composting is perfect for a picky toddler. I didn't feel like I was wasting so much food, just feeding the compost worms. Who wouldn't love to feed their worms tasty cinnamon toast crusts?

PJ is so many things lately. She's talking so much, being a total parrot. I usually have at least one instance a day when I lose my patience or get a little snippy with her. She's been napping almost everyday though and I still love seeing her again after the break.

We had some nice weather but now it's back to being yucky, wet, cold. I can't wait for more playground time. We are going to get her a tricycle. I was thinking about getting a kite last week. We got some new bubble blowing equipment. Summer is going to be great.

No comments: