We made it and are settling in, but the internet is tricky. Apparently in the country there are trees and houses that are far away from the phone lines, who knew? We are going to hook our cabin up with the internet somehow, but those details are still being worked out.
Quick first impressions. The cabin is small and packed, but cute with vaulted ceilings and two small bedrooms. I really love looking up at our vaulted ceiling while I fall asleep. PJ is adjusting to having her own room and bed and I'm adjusting to full-time parenting. I'm certainly not the most creative nor patient, but I'm starting to kind of enjoy the different pace. Shannon is super busy and tired. Dogs are madly in love with farm life. I haven't met too many people (homebody, toddler, dork) but here are my thoughts on Albany area so far: crazy hilly downtown, people are nice but not overtly like midwest, twisty roads that are filled with people driving way too fast, not enough Targets after Mn, the one county fair I went to had no mini doughnuts nor funnel cakes, gas pumps do not have those bits in the handles that allow you to fill up your tank while you wash the windshield or get back in your car so now I miss those bits.
Hopefully September will be the internet month for me. I need it in our house because I can't nip down to the clinic office when Shannon's not around. The monitor doesn't reach that far, alas. I can get it while sitting in the driveway but this doesn't appeal to me as we head into winter or even now when I'm mosquito treat. We do have satellite tv and a dvr though which I am loving. We finally got our act together and got a local bank account this weekend, but I still have to get a NY drivers license.
I miss people and the internet although the break is probably healthy. I may even be driven to making phone calls to connect...
2 comments:
Yay! Good to hear from you again--I was just wondering how the move, etc. was going.
Still laughing about the gas pump bits--don't know what you've got 'till it's gone, I guess. :)
We didn't have those gas pump bits in Florida either. So so sad.
I have been meaning to call you for like a week (or more)! Feel free to beat me to it -- my classes don't start until the 9th!
Post a Comment