But on to what she's actually doing: playgrounds every day, tons more climbing and self-assured exploring, throwing balls, trying to blow bubbles, a swimming class with Shannon. In terms of food, she's loving beans (red and pinto), our homemade bread with honey, will try anything chocolate, chicken cooked in the slow cooker, rice, peanut butter on bread to name a few. This doesn't mean that she's always eating a lot. Often she says the word no to 90% of the choices offered to her at any meal, but if you pull back to the weekly view, then she's eating well and often.
So many more words! At the deli counter, she's shouting HAM as you are in fact purchasing ham. She'll hold up her bread for more peanut butter (likes to lick it off). She knows her body parts. She will mimic clapping at the dogs when they are wrestling. She greets them each morning by name. Granted lots of her words sound similar. Bubble, bath, and birdie are very similar, but we are all working on understanding each other. Books often have to be read over and over. As soon as you close the cover, she demands again.
The trip to St. Louis was jam packed with family, plus a friend visit and a movie (Up in 3-D). PJ was a champ on the car trips and with all the familial obligations that cut into her nap times. Also, I had a sewing class 4 out of the 5 Monday nights in June which left PJ to go to bed alone with Shannon. These bedtimes went well, with at most 15-20 minutes crying at the max. Here's a cute picture of Ellen & Nathan at dinner:

We started getting a CSA box, one that we are sharing with our good friends Kelly & Kelley. We are getting the spring stuff now and they get the rest. It's super fun to see what comes in each week. Shannon may now like chard.
I may have to go back to weekly updates when I'm home with PJ because I feel like I forget so much by the end of the month. I only have three weeks of work left and it's boggling my mind! This job that I've loved and despised and yet stayed at for 8 years. What am I going to do next? I'm very excited to be thinking about this.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from June:
1 comment:
is your CSA from someplace called City Backyard Farming, or something like that? I just stumbled upon them on a recent visit to ST. Paul. Awesome. The farm, set up on an empty lot, is amazing.
I am from NY and hope you find you like it there. I love it. But have no reason to return.
PJ is getting so big. I havent looked at your blog for a while, so busy I was with my life.
Hope all is well. and that you keep blogging.
Post a Comment