We had a great time walking around campus and town, running into fun people like Omar, Molly and Nora (but not taking pictures), talking outside while the sun sets, going to Hy-Vee for beer. The only new addition was a baby monitor on the table while it all happened. PJ did great: slept like a champ, dealt with daycare well, ran around dining halls as we lingered, enjoyed her grandparent/family time pre- and post-reunion (left the dogs at the farm as well). She especially loved just laying out in one place, running through the grass, playing with sticks and eating snacks.
We had our class dinner in the Forum south lounge which was nice. The north lounge is now cubicles and where the snack bar was is now a computer lab, so it was nice to see the south lounge stayed the same. The Forum even smelled the same which is odd since there's no more snack bar. We had a wine and appetizers outside beforehand and we ran into Anne Hoffman who crashed since she lives in Iowa City. I drank way too much wine and was probably a bit obnoxious. Christer enjoyed teasing me I think. But the whole night made me realize that Shan and I need to find a sitter or two and go out together whenever we can. Letting loose is hard for me, but I need to work on balancing these two sides of myself more I think.
3 comments:
What a nice way to reconnect with old friends. I can so relate to what you said about letting go.. when my children were little, I didn't really relax that much when they were out of my sight, either!
0h you're reunion looks so nice I've got one coming up I hope its as relaxing and fun
We were scared and melodramatic and figuring it all out. It makes me incredibly happy to see the more confident people we've all become.
It was so lovely to see you all and to hang out with PJ and to drink a little too much wine with you all and just to relax. So good!
The moment I arrived sort of encapsulated the whole thing for me: immediately, I saw you, Shannon, Laurie and Rick all standing in line, and it kind of felt like no time at all had elapsed since the last time I saw you.
-Erin
Post a Comment