12 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I don't know if I can stop myself from posting about things this year by including pics from the same event last year. Like Mother's Day. There were no visitors this year (mainly because they had all just been up to visit for Shan's graduation) so we went out for dim sum. It was delicious. We spent too much money (dim sum is just like sushi in that I can spend ridiculous amounts of money in a very short time). Here's me and the girl, Shannon and the girl, and her ridiculous amount of hair pulled up out of her face into her whale spout:
IMG_1429 IMG_1420 IMG_1421

And here's last year when the girl couldn't sit up on her own, just 100 days old, a tiny wee pumpkin: IMG_0081 IMG_0086

Other weekend highlights include our trip to the farmer's market where we bought asparagus, rhubarb and spinach. I made cinnamon rolls and vanilla ice cream. Shannon made her grandma's rhubarb sauce for eating with the aforementioned ice cream. We made a pasta bake that turned out delicious with ricotta, spinach and mushrooms with elbow macaroni. I forget how much I like that pasta shape. We took down the baby playpen since it has just been holding junk in our living room for months now and threw out our most cat shredded chair. Our living room is much cleaner and open although PJ still runs right for the remotes and things she shouldn't touch.

Also, we got a present in the mail from my dad. He put together the photos he took at Christmas along with quotes into a booklet. It's crazy how much smaller PJ looks from just five months ago. I was surprised and touched; it was such an out of the blue gift. I forget that my dad is a photographer which makes him, well, an artist. He's got such a strong personality, I forget that he has other dimensions to him. Even better, although the book is mostly me and PJ, there is some Shannon in it as well. That side of my family has a hard time including her, and I'm not always tuned into their slights.

No comments: