26 September 2008

week 34

Reunited and it feels so good... Last weekend and this week was great! I am so thrilled to be all back together, I don't even care about the carpooling. Ok, that's not true, the carpooling is a bit rough. Mostly because PJ is not such a fan of the change (which sounds vaguely familiar). She likes all car trips to be infrequent and to last 10 minutes tops. She also enjoys coming home and going to bed around 6:30. We have had to add more car trips and push her bedtime back to 7-7:15. There has been some frustrated get-me-out-of-this-carseat crying and some tired crying. But otherwise the week has been good. We went to the Farmer's Market Sunday and got veggies galore. Shannon and I have had most evenings together to watch tv and veg out. We even sort of remembered about new tv shows starting and watched a few (Heroes and The Office).

PJ is still working on crawling. There's rocking and twisting with a little pushing up. She's flirting with sleeping on her belly. This position helps her sleep longer, but also distresses her more when she gets wakeful. She pushes up and then still doesn't know how to flip herself over when she's half asleep. Solids are being consumed daily at daycare. She's also apparently fearful of balls in the gym. I don't think we've ever played with balls at home. Sometimes there are gaps in our toys at home. I think we've discovered the ball gap. This week there was a class picture. I think the shots are up on a website, but I keep forgetting to ask about it during pickup.

I also read "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion this week. It was good, but sad. There were a couple of passages that gripped by heart and made me weepy. I love Shannon, PJ, and the pets, but I realize sometimes how much more vulnerable I feel now. There are that many more people out there who's lives are intertwined to mine which is awesome, but also scary.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've been wanting to read that Didion since I read the reviews about it last year or so. But I know it will be a tough read for me too. I too feel like I'm pretty vulnerable these days. Ann Lamott says: "One of the worst things about being a parent, for me, is the self-discovery, the being face to face with one's secret insanity and brokenness and rage."
That totally hits it for me. Also, upon considering how much she suddenly stood to lose, now that she had a son to lose, she wrote, "Now I'm f---d unto the Lord."

I'm glad for you that your family is all back together. it sounds like things are going better, car disappointment and stress aside.