The mechanic has checked out the car and we've decided not to fix it. The catalytic converter was taken, plus the steering column needed replacing, which pushed the estimate up to $1500. We might as well cut our losses and put that chunk of money into a new car, one that's bigger, ideally a used station wagon.
I went and picked up the car. It is drivable if you know where to start it, but with a very loud, rough engine. I took the bus to the mechanics, drove the car to our house, and then took the bus back to work. It takes awhile but is the easiest way with Shannon's schedule. Driving the ripped up, loud Honda home was incredibly sad. Sure it's just a car, but I felt outraged on its behalf. It didn't deserve to be treated that way, not after all the love we've put into it these past six years. Now it's parked outside our house, waiting for us to find a seller, and hoping it won't get stolen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment