PJ and Shannon were madly in love with each other this weekend. I mean I know Shannon is trying to soak her up as much as she can since another two week break is around the corner, but I think it's mutual. These times apart are just going to get harder for the both of them. I get tired and lonely and rundown by doing it all myself, but I know how lucky I am.
PJ turned six months old on Friday August 1st. She went into the doctor for her check up and shots. She's 19lbs, 7oz, 27.5 inches long, with a head circumference of 17.24 inches. Her percentages are right on as before, although she apparently only grew half an inch these past two months? I suspect her length at four months wasn't accurate since we rechecked her length at home and she really is only 27.5 inches now. I still remember when we brought her home and the cats looked huge in comparison.
I can no longer procrastinate about daycare for the fall. We visited a home Friday morning and liked it. I called to ask for the spot but we got our first rejection. It's disappointing but understandable. When it's home care, it's not just our availability but a combination of factors coming together. I just hope we find a good fit by September 2nd.
We have a court date for our second parent adoption, next Friday August 8th! We are thrilled and excited to make our family unit legal. Shannon is using one of her three off days from her rotations. I can't think of a better use!
We had a lovely weekend with the theme of all Shannon, all the time. She was on call Friday night but no calls, woo! After that, she was free and we did errands and chores around the house. It was peaceful and awesome, the weather was hot and humid, but Sunday was cloudy and cool. PJ tried sweet potatoes this weekend and those instant baby cereals, both to a pitiful reception. We got another baby carrier, more padded for both front, back and hip carrying up to 40 lbs. Shannon tried it out at Costco and PJ gave it her stamp of approval by falling asleep.
2 comments:
what baby carrier did you get? We're looking for something comfy for carrying a big dude.
love your blog, by the way!
Post a Comment