11 July 2008

week 23

The week of Shannon was great. PJ is sitting up on her own for longer and longer stretches without toppling. She might teeter a bit but she keeps herself up very well. She tried applesauce and pureed carrots and thought they were both weird. I think it was the texture. She played with the baby spoons and the bowls and squished the food in her fingers but really had no interest in eating it. Her sleep is still all over the place, short naps at home, long naps at Heidi's, a few wake ups before falling deeply asleep at night. I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing but I think this is what parenting is like, winging it.

Shannon cleaned and prepped for my mom's visit and her departure. We bought a mid-size suitcase for her as well. We had large and small but no medium. She packed it to the gills and it just made the 50lb limit. We saw Erin H from college, for her wedding shower and for a night of pizza and talking. Really there was a lot packed in this week. I was both thrilled to see Shannon again and incredulous that she'd be leaving again so soon.

We also pre-celebrated our 10th anniversary since she'll be gone for two weeks. PJ and I picked out flowers for Shannon, yellow and green poms. I printed out these foldy picture cubes that I made from Flickr pictures for while she's gone. We ate well all week: lamb chops, blackberries with angel food cake and cream, roast chicken, cupcakes with chocolate frosting and sprinkles, jello with leftover whipped cream, bacon and french toast. I can't believe it's been so long because we continue to have such a good time together. I love our home and family and feel lucky on a daily basis that we found each other. I'd like to quote the cheesy Kenny Loggins here because having baby has turned me even mushier than before:
"Even though we ain't got money,
I'm so in love with you honey,
And everything will bring a chain of love.
And in the morning when I rise,
you bring a tear of joy to my eyes,
And tell me everything is gonna be alright."

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Dude, there is no momentous occasion that can't be made better by quoting a Kenny Loggins song.