Mother's Day or May 11, 2008 was also the 100th day of PJ's life. We don't do much with ceremony in our family, but I thought I should mark the occasion. I mean I've been writing about her every week since she was born, but it's kind of cool to note that we are now in triple digits. Shannon's mom and favorite cousin came up for the weekend to visit so we all went out to a fancy brunch to celebrate ourselves as mothers. PJ was enthralled because the restaurant had multiple ceiling fans while I enjoyed the endless bacon, shrimp and biscuits. God, I love brunch buffets.
Now that I am back at work, there seems little time to do anything in the evenings or weekends other than hang out with the baby. She's learning how to do so much and changing in little ways, I feel I almost can't keep up. Yet my to do list continues to grow and grow and I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. During the visit and festivities, I didn't prep any food for the week, and I only got the bare minimum of laundry done which has led to a rather stressful week. But I am glad we noted her 100th day and that we celebrated parenthood all together.


No comments:
Post a Comment