How is it possible I'm already writing during the fourth week of my daughter's life? Time is speeding along. My parental leave is already one-third over. I feel like I'm still just starting to get to know PJ.
This week the late afternoon has become the no sleep zone. No matter how many times in the course an hour PJ will yawn, she will not sleep. Or more truthfully, I guess, she does not know how to fall asleep and we try everything we can think of to get her to sleep. Because if she's not nursing or moving, she's crying, sad pitiful cries of an overly tired baby. It is hard to hear and watch, hard to stay creative throughout.
I say nursing but really she's just using me as a pacifier. I really do like breastfeeding, but I kind of balk at nonstop nursing. I have discovered my own personal limitation, where my patience peters out if you will.
I think her face is changing but it's hard to say. Maybe I'm just starting to appreciate all the faces she makes. Or maybe I'm just getting to know her better. She's still a fascinating creature, that I can stare at and kiss way too much.
Our spring break trip to Iowa is coming up in like two weeks. It seemed so far away but now has crept up on us. PJ has only been in the car for like 30 minutes tops. I hope she does ok for four hours. I know the dogs will love being on the farm for a whole week. I hope I do ok. My mother is going to be there for a few days to meet more of Shannon's family. Then she's going to stay with us for another week. I suspect there will be another hundred or so pictures taken of PJ...
1 comment:
Glad to hear all is still going well. I've been thinking about you three lots. Hopefully, we'll be able to come out to meet PJ in June!
-Erin
Post a Comment