The shower with Shannon's classmates went well although I did not take any pictures at all. Molly, the organizer, did and maybe I can get them from her. We all crammed into our tiny living room. We ate some tasty cheese ball and Chex Mix (Shannon), pigs in a blanket (me) as well as fruit, veggies, soda, and the previously mentioned gooey chocolate cake. There was only one game, the old melted-candy-in-diapers game, and I won! Having a work candy bowl has finally paid off.
After everyone left and we were looking at the gifts, it was like another level of being real. We had diapers in our house that we will be using on the kid. We now have impossibly cute onesies, blankets and toys for the kid. We have a baby bathtub and the whole range of powders, lotions and soaps for the kid. I keep saying it over and over but it's true: holy moly, we are having a baby!
Note to self: do the thank you cards, you'll feel better once they are done.
I mentioned to my mother that I was going to knit something for a family friend who's coming to the shower my mother is throwing and who's about a week ahead or behind me (can't remember) and my mother took the opportunity to complain that I still haven't finished her socks. At first I was annoyed, but then I realized, hey, they are about a year overdue. Thus, I have been finishing her Christmas socks so I can give them to her in a week and end her bitching. But because of this, I have not started my sweater for myself, the cream cardigan with cables I mentioned before. Maybe December will be my knit-a-sweater-in-a-month month.
The spinner on our Danby portable washing machine (mentioned before) had been sounding awful for the past 3-4 weeks, really loud, tons of extra vibrations, only spinning at about half speed (full speed is 1600 RPM). We were debating on getting it fixed or not, mainly because of the cost of having someone come out and look at it. Last weekend, we decided to get it looked because maybe it would be something cheap and easy to fix. Maybe we wouldn't need to buy another machine. It's good to repair what you've already got instead of buying more. So today Shannon had called and could meet the repair guy at the house. The source of the problem - a sock stuck down deep on the outside of the spinner basket! (I had looked with a flashlight but had seen nothing.) It's back to its old self, it wasn't too spendy and the repair guy was really prompt and nice. Super awesome all around.
4 comments:
"the old melted-candy-in-diapers game"
Whut?
You are not familiar with this game? Basically the melted candy bars are supposed to simulate 'poop' and you have to identify the candy bar from its melted state. It leads to people passing around numbers diapers and sniffing the contents (hilarity ensues). It doesn't bother me so much because actual baby poop does not resemble melted candy bars in the least.
Ah, I see. I think I would have given you a run for your money in that game--I sniff a mean candy bar!
Holy moly, indeed, you ARE having a baby! I made what was supposed to be a hat for the baby, but after taking it off the needles and pulling on it a little bit... Well, let's just say I sincerely hope that any baby that comes out of you does not have a head the size of that hat. It would work well for a melon, though. Do you need a melon hat?
I'm glad you only had to play one baby shower game. I hate shower games. Although, you shouldn't tell your mother that if she's planning some for your St. Louis shower.
Post a Comment