- Shannon's cousin Marge came to visit last weekend so it was a whirl of talking and eating out.
- The iPod's battery has decided to no longer hold a charge. It's 2+ years old so I'm not surprised, just saddened and musicless on the bus.
- I've realized that I'm getting more accostommed to being pregnant and thus less freaked out about it. I mean nothing has gone wrong, I really have been feeling better albeit still tired at the end of most days. All in all, it's been good I realized. The baby has been moving/kicking multiple times each day. My body is really started to get round in the middle. Hell we are almost in the third trimester, as in it's almost over. Thus I decided I should try to enjoy it a bit.
- I'm still very freaked out about birth and raising a kid, never fear. Plus there's day care, breastfeeding and my guilt over probably using disposable diapers to worry about...
- Shannon's mom Marlys also came for a day to see the opening of the new Equine Center at the U with Shannon. It was her shortest trip ever I think, clocking in at barely 24 hours in Minnesota.
- We may be inherting Shannon's paternal grandmother's car in the next few months. It's not a station wagon like we've been thinking about, but it would help. Margaret, said grandmother, is not always lucid lately, but she's bound and determined to give us her car. Depending on how much our insurance rates will increase, we may try to pick it up the next time we get are in Iowa (probably December).
- And speaking of grandmothers, Shannon's maternal grandmother is in the process of getting second opinions about her slow growing pancreatic cancer. It's not a good diagnosis, but she has been out of the hospital and back at her own house for about a week now.
18 October 2007
where have I been?
Where have I been? Nowhere really, doing next to nothing yet still finding myself tired. It's been cold and rainy here, maybe that's my excuse? Honestly, not much has been going on chez nous. Here's a quick list in no particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Parenting is guilt inducing enough without worrying about your diapering choices!
That said, 7th generation makes unbleached disposables. You can order them in bulk from Amazon, and they don't cost any more.
Or you can always check out these: http://www.gdiapers.com/gdiapers101
I hear good things about them.
Post a Comment