30 August 2007

barely a post

Man, our luck is just shit lately...

One of the weimaraners, Nina, stopped eating on Wednesday morning. Then she had diarrhea and couldn't stop vomiting all that night. So this morning (Thursday), I take her into a vet nearby. Turns out after radiographs and blood work, she's got pancreatitis. She's on fluids, pain meds and antibiotics at the vet's. If she's not improved (she was so lethargic and a bit in shock) by this evening, she'll have to spend the night in an emergency clinic. It can just happen randomly (since there appeared to be no trigger), but I feel bad.

Also, our iPod froze up and freaked out mid-August, and I had to wipe it. All that music, whoosh, gone in a second. I reloaded about a third from my work iTunes, but the rest is on the home computer. I just haven't gotten around to it lately, but I miss music without commercials.

On the plus side, Shannon's persistence with the Ikea staff to get the floor model of a discontinued dresser/changing table combo paid off. On Monday we put it in the back of our car, and Wednesday Mattie helped me haul it up all our stairs. A million thanks Matt!

3 comments:

Matt said...

My pleasure to help. I hope that the dog sitting comes to an end soon so you can return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Laura said...

Yes, it's over for me tonight (Friday). I look forward to sleeping in on Saturday and having only two dogs to take care of, woo!

Megan said...

the vet thought otter might have had pancreatitis (he didn't, fortunately) during his recent bout with GI problems. hope your nina gets better quickly!