I reread all the Harry Potter books in anticipation of number 7's release. We preordered it, and Amazon.com alledges it will be in my hot hands in about eleven days. I am inordinately excited like so many others. I found that I remembered everything about books 1 and 2. The movie versions stuck in my head a bit too much with these. Books 3-6 were murkier in my memory so I was able to dive back into them wholeheartedly. Plus the stories were getting more and more complex so the movies cannot dominate my imagination as much. Speaking of the movies, they have been on cable last week in anticipation of the newest release this month of number 5. Neither of the screen Dumbledores have hit it right with the man in my imagination. But after watching movies 1-4 in the span of like 48 hours, the first one, Richard Harris who died, was better. The second, Michael Gambon, is just too aggressive.
Also, this past weekend we spend the night in a lovely hotel downtown for free courtesy of our friends who could not use the room themselves. One of Shannon's classmates watched our dogs, and we got to sleep in in a lovely huge king size bed. We even went out for breakfast Sunday morning. The cold air conditioning was awesome too since it was in the high 90s all weekend. I've discovered though that with just the two of us, a king size bed is too big. We ended up sleeping close to each other in the middle anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment