I've finally told my mother about the pregnancy. I have been dragging my feet for weeks mostly due to cowardice I guess. Telling her is kind of a point of no return for me. Sharing my feelings honestly with my mother does not come easily, and I tend to overthink our interactions. When we talked yesterday, mostly she was excited and full of questions. She may have invited herself for the birth (which I don't know if I'd like) but maybe she just invited herself for right afterwards. I'm not going to worry about it now because it's just way too early.
We've got my first prenatal appointment next week. If all goes well, Shannon's going to tell her whole family. I think I'll wait until the second trimester to tell my dad. That'll be after we get back from New York at the end of July.
4 comments:
woo! baby! can I start sending presents?
Sure but we are coming to see you in three weeks! You could just have a pile of presents waiting for us ;)
I am going to meet you when you get here to introduce you to the dog. Maybe I will bring my pile of presents along.
I'm excited to have a whole new reason to start browsing children's books!
Post a Comment