You'd think my anxiety about being pregnant would be similar to my anxiety about getting pregnant which would result in more knitting, but you would be wrong. I am not anxious about having a baby as much as I am confused and bewildered by what is going on with my body. It's never done this before and I am trying to figure out what it wants. I know it's not a separate thing from me, but it seems so foreign because I can't figure out what it wants. A cracker? An apple? A piece of chicken? More ice cream? One week it was raw walnuts and now that idea sounds repugnant. One night it was lentil soup, but that urge passed very quickly so there's at least three or four more bowls in the fridge languishing from neglect.
Tonight I'm going to the store to try to get small quantities of many different snacks as a way not to be so wasteful. Plus I am going to crank out some knitting tonight so help me. If I'm going to shower the baby with handknits, I've got to get cracking!
3 comments:
Oh, pregnancy! Sharing your body with someone has got to be the strangest thing I've ever done, even if it had the most wonderful result. Good luck figuring out your body's new rules.
Who ever said anxiety had to be rational? *grin* Congrats on the pregnancy.
I see in your profile that you like Greek yogurt. Do you have somewhere local to get it? I fell in love with yogurt in Greece and the stuff here in the US is just so tame afterwards.
Bunny Queen, you can get Fage yogurt at the Wedge co-op or at Trader Joes. I'm not sure if other area co-ops have it.
Post a Comment