I'm having one of those moments where making food and eating it is too much of a burden. It's compounded by being pregnant and Shannon being gone. Being pregnant so far for me has meant that spicy food has lots its' appeal, that I take a few bites and am instantly full, and that my hunger appears about every 2-3 hours. And this isn't a little pang here or there hunger, it's a I-will-die-if-I-don't-eat-right-now hunger. Plus the guilt has already started. I ask myself is the food I'm eating the best for that little ball of cells? Shouldn't I make more of an effort to eat only fresh fruits and veggies? Because all I can be bothered to make right now is like french bread and cheese or toast.
Since Shannon's gone, there's not even another person to alternate this burden with or to offer some perspective, nevermind hug and kiss. I'm feeling so low energy, bored and lonely. This must be the beginning of the fatigue that often happens in early pregnancy. All I want to do is lay in bed and read and sleep. Food should be delivered every few hours. Someone else can take the dogs to the park. That would be awesome.
4 comments:
Call me and I will gladly take your dogs to the park!
You are so sweet! Maybe I'll take you up on that once you get back from Ellen's wedding. We could go have brunch together too :)
I hear you on how sometimes the act of making food and eating is too much. It's hard. (I can't so much relate to the pregnancy bit, of course).
If I were there, I would take your dogs to the park and then hang out and watch Buffy with you, okay?
We could eat bread, cheese and SALAD while watching Buffy because you'd be a good healthy influence.
Post a Comment