Not this weekend, but next, is Marge's wedding. Shannon is officiating her favorite cousin's nuptials, and I'm the photographer. I'm a little freaked out because this is my partner's family, it's a wedding, because I usually do not have much pressure on my photos and of course because I'm a stress monkey. I mean usually I'm that annoying girl taking too many pictures of everyone (how I got the job), not the official documenter of meaningful life rituals. Really, the most stressful part is just that it's Shannon's family. They know me and think I'm a bit of weirdo. I'm definately moving into family-weirdo territory though since Shan and I have been together for 9+ years now. Nevertheless, I still worry about them liking me.
Luckily the wedding is going to be super casual, but the guest count is 150+. I won't know everyone and yet I will have to ask them to smile for the camera over and over. I don't know if we are going to do any posed shots since there'll be no altar. I have to buy some film since just my digital won't cut it. Luckily Shannon's Aunt Monica has a camera and lens I can borrow, so I should have digital, film-color and film-black and white all ready to go at once. But I know that at some point, I am going to put down the cameras and drink heavily.
I do have another wedding photography gig in July though so at least by then I can only get better, right?
4 comments:
Also, we are not picky, will have only 45-50 guests, and have my s-i-l as a backup!
One of you needs to do digital, though. I am not sure if Sarah uses film or not. We can discuss more later.
I am less worried about your wedding. I didn't mean to sound that way. I will be able to use my digital and my film camera. I just don't think Monica will let me take her camera all the way to New York for like a week.
Having backup will be good. You mom is going to be so smiley.
I am thinking we are going to try to come from like Thur to Thur around your wedding weekend. I got a bunch of NYC guidebooks so we might try to rent an apartment for a week to save money. Then all the friends (Ellen, Erin, etc) can all crash with us in the apartment maybe? What do you think of this idea?
The apartment thing could work. You can check vrbo.org or craigslist. Also, there are new hotel links on our website.
And just fyi, we might go on a trip like sun-mon or tues after the wedding, but we aren't sure yet. So if you were counting on hanging with us then we might be gone part of it.
There are a few links in one of the guidebooks we got from the library. I'll do a little more research. Very good to know if you'll be out of town. Where are you thinking of going?
Post a Comment