The sweater I started in Knit Picks Swish is still going strong, but I'm afraid it will be too big and that it will shrink a lot when washed and dried. (I'm also afraid I might have to keep it for myself because I am selfish.) Thus I started on another EZ Baby Sweater from Knitters Almanac (Feb) in white acrylic. That way everything can be washed and dried will no worries at all. I plan on remembering to add a few button holes as well as using the original lace pattern (remember the one Elliphantom did that inspired me in the first place, like that). This reminds me that I never posted a picture of the first one I finished:

My mother's socks have gotten no attention because I started on a pair of knee high socks for myself, also with the aforementioned Regia 6 ply Crazy Color. I know I have big calves, but damn, I have big calves. I'm roughly following the idea that 1/3 of the sock leg will be in the larger diameter, 1/3 will be for decreases and 1/3 will be in the smaller ankle/foot diameter. I'm still not sure of my rate of decreasing, but I will be figuring it out as I go.
I used some Rowan Plaid in Spicy to make a short quick scarf. I had only one skein so I put a big button hole towards one end so I could pull it through. It's ok, kind of weird, but a fun experiment.
For Shannon, I made a simple 2x2 rib neck warmer with Knit Picks Panache in Moss with a row or two in Dusk. I made a Hello Yarn - Cherry Garcia neck tube for my sister for Christmas (with Lisa Souza dyed wool/silk yarn in periwinkle) that was quick and awesome so now I'm kind of infatuated with neck warmers/tubes. I already prefer to knit everything in the round with little purling and seaming plus they are so much faster than scarves. I've already started another one with the rest of the wool/silk and the rest of the Knit Picks Panache in Dusk. This one is using a slip stitch pattern to make vertical stripes. I wasn't sure if it would be stretchy enough to slip over my huge noggin, so I had to put the stitches on some waste yarn and try it out. It should be done soon.
I'm really digging the speed of larger gauge projects interspersed with socks. Next up will be some felted squares for potholders. I've got some weird colored Pastaza that I got on sale because I did not look at it in natural light. What I thought was brown is really purple with yellow over it. I'm also going to make more hats, maybe something felted and EZ's hats including the ganomy and that double thickness one. The alpaca hat I made is still so soft and wonderful but it's too big and the wind whistles right through it. I need some hats that block all the winter chill out.
1 comment:
Cute picture, that's a lot of knitting you've been up to. I need to try some of the EZ patterns soon. Did you see I finished two little fellows from your Jess Hutch book?
Post a Comment