Now I am consumed with figured out where everything is going to go in the new place and thinking about what colors to paint. Shannon is tackling the bathroom, but I think I get to decide on the kitchen. Currently I'm thinking very dark, rich plum for just a wall or so. A deep purple with red undertones will be calming but also a bit envigorating.
I have a bit of a problem with color though. My base nature is drawn towards pumpkins, velvetty browns and mossy or leaf greens. Some 70s brain imprint, I don't know. Thus I've tried to look at other colors for the kitchen. But to be honest, I also adore purple and orange, so I worry if I go deep plum in the kitchen that I will try to accent it with orange and make the space way too intense. There is a dark gray/green countertop that we haven't looked at close enough and new tiles were just put in, beigey color. I want there to be cohension and calmness, but in a balanced and quirky way.
I'm also drawn to dark cranberry reds, but I fear that might be the holiday season affecting me. Will that be remotely attractive when it's 90+ degrees in July?
No comments:
Post a Comment