26 October 2006

finished!



I finished the baby blanket I started in winter 2005. Lord, I am slow knitting blankets! This one ended up going to Shannon's cousin Libby who's due on Christmas Eve. Everyone at the shower was effusive about my knitting skills, I was a little embarassed.

Shannon has another cousin due this winter, but I think I may have to crochet her a blanket. With more acrylic,this time a variagated yellow, I've already cast on with a variation of the feather and fan pattern with a seed stitich border. However, I already think it will kill me and I've only done like 10 rows. There's too much purling I've decided, plus the yarnovers are very holey. I've tried some other increase methods, but they pucker and pull a bit. At this point, I'll either modify the pattern or switch to another one. My final resort will be a simple single or half-double crochet, plain but effective.

No comments: