10 October 2006

Baby Socks!



For my coworker Carey and her third baby, I made some baby socks out of a light violet Dale of Norway Baby Ull. I used a pattern from Interweave Knit magazine, the Better-Than-Booties Baby Socks from the Summer 2005 issue, although I just used the measurements and yarnover short-row construction. I did just a simple k2, p2 rib instead of the decorative patterns on the leg. The yarnover short-rows are awesome, better than the wrap and turn for me. Each sock only used like 8-10 grams of yarn so this will be a good use of leftover sock yarn. I think the simple rib will hopefully be nice and clingy. Each sock took about 2 days of casual knitting to finish. One is a little bigger than the other because I didn't count rows very carefully. Each one is about 3.5 inches long which seems so tiny to me.



I also made a basic hat with the same Baby Ull and some Hello Yarn sock yarn in the Dragon colorway. I wasn't sure if it would look girly enough, but then I decided to stop worrying about meeting my coworker's expectations about gendered clothing.

No comments: