Shannon's back at school, I'm back at work, and I'm not feeling particularly mature out it all. I want to continue to sleep in and hang out. Whenever I'm off during the week, I get so pissed off at all the people around my neighborhood or city not at work from 9-5. Like are they always not at work while I'm at work? Are they always going out for brunch on week days? My envy is not pretty. Maybe these people work nights or work from home. Really it is not fair of me to insinuate that I'm suffering while they are partying, but that's just how it feels. I can feel my vacation slowly ticking down and here are random people just out for a stroll on Thursday at 2pm with their dog.
Highlights of the past few days off:
A final state fair trip with Shannon on Sunday. The weather was cool and cloudy with intermittent showers which happens to be Shannon's most favorite weather ever. We saw all the animals and buildings we had missed. We ate anything we wanted. I took more pictures of dahlias than I predicted but they were just so pretty.
I knit around and around the spiral, yet Melinda's baby blanket does not seem to be getting any bigger. Sure there are over 400 stitches on my 32in US6 needles but it is still just a bit over 2 feet wide. I may have to send her the smallest baby blanket ever before I give up completely. (Sorry if this means nothing to you, non-knitters out there).
Shannon was hit by inspiration and has agreed to make each of her pregnant cousins a baby quilt. This is fabulous because I know she'll come up with something gorgeous, and I can help. I love looking at fabric.
And last, Shannon vacuumed the whole house, and I rearranged the bedroom. I love rearranging my furniture, but I don't know why exactly. Maybe because it makes me look at my stuff in different ways. I shall tackle the living room next. I'm hoping to create a nice fall/wintery set up that'll be cozy and useful.
1 comment:
People with flexible work schedules annoy me as well. I'm sure it's just my own work irritation, as I often envy people who cut grass or paint houses for a living, because they get to walk around in the real world and I am trapped in this building all day. Hmph.
Post a Comment