05 August 2006

space

I can't really explain what I love so much about being in my house alone. I just know that I've been enjoying my time alone while Shannon's out of town. I've also been missing her like crazy. My mind turns to thinking about what I'd be like if I was single right now. What would I be like if I had not spent the last eight years in this relationship. Not that I can know or anything, but it's strange to think about. I've been taking care of the pets, knitting, watching movies and eating horribly. I think that's a prerequisite when your partner's out of town. You must eat take-out and ice cream sundaes for no particular reason. You must indulge yourself and stay up late and be silly because no one is watching. Maybe it's just me, but I am a little different when I'm completely alone. Even when we are in our house in different rooms doing independent things, a part of me is always aware of her. But now, there's no other energy in my living room. I am taking up the whole space. It's lonely and relaxing and weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing when I'm alone, down to the self-reflection and the ice cream sundaes.