26 July 2006

I don't really talk about my work here, but I'm an office assistant plus. I say plus because I get to do more than just make copies and schedule appointments. I get to do some web design and database work as well as some event planning and writing. I have learned most of these tasks on the job with generally good, although often slow, results. That is what's keeping me so busy this summer, working on a web tutorial and figuring it out as I go. I will also be taking some SQL server classes and making up a few databases. Woo!

But what's been happening in my life, you ask? Well, Shannon and I count July as our anniversary. Neither of us remembers the exact day during her visit the summer before senior year when we decided to try again. That was eight years ago and being with her is as much fun as it ever was. One of her classmates is getting married this weekend and we are attending. Our summer of socializing is going quite well. We've already attended a party or two as well as gone out for beers more than I can remember with different groups of people even. Shannon is going to Louisiana for a vet school thing next week and our good friends Erin and Scott will be in town after that. I'm taking a few days off before Labor day to goof off with Shannon before the tryanny of another school year begins. I've gotten so so spoiled this summer with the amount of time we spend together.

Otherwise, I've been starting new knitting projects, but not finishing anything. I've been watching Project Runway because it's awesome. Before that I was a bit addicted to the Kathy Griffin reality show. House Hunters International as well as many cooking shows occupy my digital recorder. We've even recorded some movies off the IFC channel because woo, no commercials. Hex on the BBCAmerica was really good for a bit. Now it's kind of so-so, definately not really a British Buffy.

Ooh and it's been hot. I have even been so lazy that I haven't called my mother in St. Louis to see if she had any power.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Happy anniversary! :)

I always thought you guys were together for most of college. I think it's probably because, in retrospect, there were those couples - you and shannon being one of them - who seemed like institutions. You know?

Laura said...

Thank you, thank you :)

No for the first half of college, I was mooning over Maggie T and Shannon was dating Iresh. We were always together as friends though, thick as theives for sure.

What do you count as your anniversary with Matt? Just your wedding day? Or do you also celebrate the day you started dating?

Melinda said...

Pretty much the wedding day, since the day we started "dating" was - in true grinnell style - more like "the day we started randomly making out," which just seems odd to celebrate.

Her Grace said...

Happy Anniversary!

Everyone's talking about project runway and I've never watched it. I'm out of the loop!

Laura said...

Thank you! Project Runway is addictive. You could get the first season on DVD and see if you liked it. I'm so not even fashionable, I just like seeing people make clothes.