Edited: I decided I was too gloomy yesterday so I'm adding some more perky memories. Also a five year ago blurb.
What Were You Doing Ten Years Ago?
Let's see, March 1996 was the second semester of my freshman year in college. I was living in Erin in the biggest freshman dorm room ever, right over a dining hall. We could go to breakfast in our pjs. We had a rug made of carpet squares and spent a lot of time being very very goofy. The lounge and loggia were awesome as well. My mental health was a bit wonky, partly due to a girl, partly due to me. I was required to see a therapist, but I wasn't really participating in my own therapy. I was still plowing through my sexuality, trying to come to terms with it. I don't really remember my classes. The whole semester seems a bit fuzzy. I do remembering worrying about Laurie's dad though.
What Were You Doing Five Years Ago?
In March 2001, I was with Shannon in Albuquerque. We had just decided when we were going to move back to the midwest (Sept 2001). Shannon's brother Scott was probably already sick. We were both a bit depressed, but thought moving to Minneapolis would make everything better immediately (it didn't). I was the assistant deli manager at the co-op and a bit of a pothead. We had our two cats and lived with Amy in our rundown house downtown. Shannon and I had cinder block furniture and a little tv/vcr combo. We went to the community college computer lab to send emails and still drove the Lumina.
What Were You Doing One Year Ago?
Trying to get pregnant, home-style. We inseminated on March 7 & 8 and despite excellent cervical mucous and a temperature rise, my period came 14 days later. Shannon would wear these bright purple gloves when thawing the sperm. I would just be freaking out. I hated trying to get the stupid timing right.
Five Snacks You Enjoy
-popcorn
-Shannon's hummus with my homemade pita chips
-fancy cheeses and bread
-dark chocolate
-chips & salsa
Five Songs To Which You Know The Lyrics
-Power of Two by The Indigo Girls
-practically everything by Ani Difranco
-Isn't this a Lovely Day by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
-Big Time by Peter Gabriel
-Love Has No Pride by Bonnie Raitt
Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire
-pay off all our debt and go out for sushi and sake to celebrate
-never work full-time ever again. Mostly I think I'd volunteer or start a business, but I'd like to explore what work is like independent of income. I'd take music lessons and maybe go back to school. Depending on how much we had, I might have to become a professional philanthropist.
-begin planning/building our crazy hippy commune dream. First we'd have to pick a place though to buy land, thus
-travel for months at a time, either on trips alone, or with Shannon, or following a band for a little while
-help out all our family members and friends. We'd have to crunch numbers and be fair, but I'd like to give everyone some money.
Five Bad Habits
-not brushing my teeth daily. Until I get a cavity, I have little motivation to change this bad habit of mine.
-I pick fights when I'm crabby
-worrying/obsessing/brooding
-wasting water while washing dishes
-resisting change
Five Folks I'm Tagging for This Beeotch
no, no tagging. But if you haven't done so, what's stopping you punk?
No comments:
Post a Comment