I really want to post some pictures of what I'm knitting right now, but they are gifts. I want to keep the surprise. I have a bunch of March and April birthdays, and this year, I'm all about the presents. I can say that I have turned my first heel and it was AWESOME. The yarn that I'm using is probably way too soft and luxurious for a decent pair of socks, but oh well. Shannon has fallen in love with the yarn and I may have to make her some wrist warmers with it. She thinks they would be great to wear when she cashiers at the co-op. I think she would be too sexy for words if she wore them while cashiering. She's already so sexy because she wears her reading glasses, but add wrist warmers...
The projects that I am making just for me are not that exciting to see. I've got a plain green scarf made out of boucle. I kind of hated the boucle yarn at first because it's so bumpy, but I'm totally falling in love with how squishy and furry the scarf is, yet also so light. I'm also working on my first sweater which might not fit anyone because I was too impatient to check my gauge. It's in acrylic yarn and it's one of those patterns with no sewing or seaming, just a bit of arm pit grafting. I'm all about seamless sweaters, or I guess I think I am. We'll see when I actually finish it. Especially since I keep starting new projects. I even have a baby blanket that has never gotten finished for a baby that is already 9 months old. Maybe someone will be pregnant by the time I get it done. I'll take some pictures this weekend and post my boring non-present projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment