19 October 2005
old post: too much time
Sometimes you spend too much time asking yourself "what am I doing with my life?" When you do this the only remedy I've found is to drink some beer after work. You won't have eaten for awhile so it will go directly to your head. And this is a good, good thing. Good because it will give you the breathing room to say "so what!" to all those questions. To say "no worries pal", to ground yourself in the moment. And this moment right here is brought to you by some beers. I'm in my house, drinking beers while the dogs cannot stop wrestling and watching the Simpsons. Lately I've been thinking and worrying about myself, my life, what I'm doing, why I feel so weird. But this beer is helpful in giving me a bit of a pause from all this self-reflection. God, the self-reflection sometimes, I just wish I could be a little less involved in myself. Beer is nice for that. Perhaps drinking to achieve this state of perspective or zen is bad objectively but really I don't care. I'm tired of caring. Right now the Simpsons are funny. I'm ok and you're ok. And beer tastes good. Kudos to the inventor of beer.