01 June 2005

old post: moving

After three days of hell, we have emerged into the light of our new place. It is lovely and pictures are forthcoming (got to get that computer up and running first though). I took a bunch of shots before it became the wasteland of all our earthly possessions. Damn, I still have too much stuff. No matter what I do, the clutter/shit remains. Our new place has great closet space so I hope that doesn't encourage me to accumulate more. The worst feeling about moving for me is when I realize that I've moved everything that matters to me but there are still three car loads left.

I did have some good times/discoveries. There is a coffee shop at nearby that is open every day until 10pm with couches and big magnetic poetry on one wall. They have a dog bowl outside too and we were able to dump all our old magazines there. See I feel bad throwing out old issues of awesome magazines when I know there are poor folks out there who'd love to read The Sun or Bitch with their coffee. Additionally, I love driving a truck. Shannon's dad's truck is all fancy with an extended cab (which is pretty comfy for adults to sit in) and all kinds of electronic gizmos. Like the radio stays on after you turn off the car until you open a door. And one of those controls to unlock and lock the doors remotely. And lights that go on when you unlock the doors. And air conditioning. Lastly, beer tastes extra special wonderful after moving furniture and boxes all day long.

I haven't unpacked too much yet but we do have curtains up and some clothes in the closet. We have until July to get unpacked and arranged. Then there may be some partying, who knows...