17 May 2005

old post:

I have been reading Mimi smartypants archives because I wanted to read her adoption backstory. She is the kind of parent I would like to be someday.

Yesterday we got a call from Anna, my stepmom, who was in town for a work thing and wondered if we were free for dinner, her treat. We are usually always available for someone to treat us to dinner. So, after Shannon picked me up from work due to some (neverending) rain and after lots of giggling and goofing around (we were both in the same kind of mood yesterday afternoon) and some tv, we headed out to pick up Anna. We had her take us to Chiang Mai Thai and buy us yummy food and a spot of wine. We talked about a whole range of topics including my sister. Anna mentioned the first piece of writing from Clare that astounded and touched her, and I thought that story, right there, that is why I want to have kids.

Today for lunch I had an appetizer of popcorn followed by Anna's leftover chicken curry and ended with a leftover plain cake doughnut from this morning. All in all, my day has been lacking in fruits and vegetables, yes.

I know I get very one-sided but I have been thinking about not having kids, about what I can do without them right now. The two of us plus animals is a very cozy, wonderful family as it is and I do appreciate that already. 2005 is just turning out to be such a frustrating, unpleasant year. I think it's the return of Saturn kicking my ass to the big 2-8.