23 May 2005

old post: dog-sitting

The watching of Warren (the little Affenpinscher) and (other) Max went very well considering (other) Max is a very loud, willful beagle. He is also an escape artist but through the power of liver treats and my calm clearheadedness, I prevailed. The liver treats are even more enticing because our friends are vegans. I think Warren and (other) Max loved me because I'm great but also because I gave them lots of animal products (cheese, liver treats and even some bits of bacon. Ah, the power of the bacon). Erin also arrived this weekend. Her pup stayed in Fergus but perhaps we'll get to meet her next weekend. Erin, who is of course fun with or without her dog, was happy to eat dinner and drink wine with us and help me on Sunday take all four dogs to the park.

I'm getting a bit freaked out that we are moving next weekend. Not so much about the packing but rather all the physical labor of carrying every thing I own. And then there's the cleaning, oh man, the cleaning. To top it all off, I'm hoping our landlord won't get all weird about refunding our deposit. She's making me worry that she's not going to give us all our money back. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but we could really use that most of that money.

Warren