12 May 2005

old post: tagged I am

From the sweet Selfish but I added a couple of questions and I seem to have difficulty limiting myself to five:

1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
About 75 or so DVDs and probably 40-50 videos. I already packed them up so I can't even count them on the shelf.

2. The last film I bought:
Since we rent through the mail, my memory gets a bit fuzzy. I think 'The Incredibles' was the most recent DVDs I purchased. Shannon recently got 'Big Eden' and 'Antonia's Line' on DVD too.

3. The last film I watched:
'Star Wars: the Phantom Menace', 'Die Another Day' and 'Jersey Girl' were just up on my rental queue. The first episode was just to remind myself before the third comes out, but the other two were very meh, very glad I waited to rent them both.

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
'The Ref'
'Antonia's Line'
'Finding Nemo'
'The Fifth Element'
'Before Sunset'

Runner ups: 'Steel Magnolias','Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', David Attenborough nature documentaries, 'Spirited Away', Lord of the Rings trilogy, 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert', 'Ma vie en Rose', 'Harold and Maude', 'Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon', 'The Matrix', 'The Sixth Sense', 'Charlie's Angels', 'Legally Blond'

5. Five films that I get sucked into when played on TV (be honest):
'Fried Green Tomatoes'
'Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion'
'Never Been Kissed'
'The Matrix'
'Zoolander'

Runner ups: 'Groundhog Day', 'Pretty Woman', 'Steel Magnolias', 'Four weddings and a funeral' (and I don't even like Andie McDowell that much), Ghostbuster movies, original Star Wars movies, way too many Sandra Bullock films, 'Beaches'

6. Five films to purchase next:
'Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind'
'The secret life of plants' (as soon as it gets released on DVD)
'Before sunrise'
'Before sunset'
'Princess Mononoke'

6. Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal:
um, the only five or so people who read this, feel free to fill it out and post as well :)