The baby blanket crafty plans appear to be stalled. I'm halfway through the first one and already I've slowed to almost stopped. Luckily I have already given Hongyi other presents but damn, I am a knitting slacker.
I haven't talked about my feelings regarding work lately, but I have been thinking about it. Not quite ready to talk about it yet though because I just have lots of fuzzy thoughts, nothing coherent or interesting.
Packing is continuing to chug along. We have been trying to use all the food in our cabinets instead of having to move it. I see now that I am a food stockpiler. I really need to work on that. We had like three bags of butterscotch chips (why?) so I made a batch of oatmeal scotchies and tried to bake them as bars but our crazy oven burned the crap out of them. The end result was achieved (less to pack) but I felt bad having ruined perfectly good food. I'm going to attempt to make brownies and chocolate chip cookies this week and NOT burn them. In addition to have stock piles of random baking supplies, we have like four bags of pasta. So I made linguine carbonara and spaghetti with meatballs recently. I may make some homemade mac and cheese soon as well as some sesame noodles with broccoli.
I have also begun packing up books, the strange contents of my desk and my clothes. I have been purging my materials from culinary school and trying to decide if I need my grade school, high school and/or college year books. Moving is becoming more real everyday. I even already got our phone line transfer set up. I'm also excited to hang up curtains and pick out a new shower curtain.