Today is Hongyi's baby shower. We collected money around the office and got her a car seat. Peggy, Carol and I have made all the food: cheese & olives, fruit, layer dip & chips, devilled eggs, beverages, cake with strawberries and whipped cream. I also got her some cute baby clothes, but I didn't finish the blanket in time for the party today. I will knit furiously over the weekend and give it to her next week. It's not until the end of the day, but I'm excited for the food and the presents. I've not been to many showers or weddings or events like this.
I've been thinking about my sister's visit more, hashing it out with Shannon. She made a lovely pork and cabbage fried rice last night for dinner, filled with gingery and sesame oil goodness. Our food budget has been all over the place this month due to the houseguests.