Lordy Lordy Peter has a code from me and is setting up a journal. Of course he said he was doing that a while ago...
I'm been sucked in to http://www.pamie.com because she writes the recaps for Gilmore Girls on http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com. Since I don't know her at all, of course I'm all kinds of curious about her personal life. Her book just came out and I saw it on the "New Releases" table at a Barnes and Noble on Monday. In the acknowledgements she thanks Stee (another of the TWOP recappers) for everything all lovey dovey. So I am now reading the archives of his journal http://www.plaintivewail.com because he seems cool too. Basically at work I'm reading archived journals all day long. I have no work ethic.
I'm off to a reception thingy at my culinary school tonight. I can bring a guest but Shan is working a double today at the vet clinic. *Sigh* I'll go it alone which is probably best for me anyway.
I've been mulling over my mom's visit some more. Andy and Shannon and I went to Dulono's Sunday and drank and talked about it. This was after we saw Charlie's Angels 2 at the Eden Prairie Mall *heehee* Unfortunately it was a little too shrill and frantic and trying way too hard; however that Drew Barrymore is just too cute for words. Bernie Mac wasn't too funny. Much of the movie wasn't funny but instead filled with insane laughter. I really can't analyze this movie so much. I just wanted to get the same thrill I had gotten the first time around. But that was in Albuquerque...
I have found myself slipping back into my old role of smoker. I love smoking. It is good. Drinking smoking talking with friends are three of the best things to do all together. I'm not smoking at work or anything but I am definately smoking everytime I go out with anyone other than Shannon and me alone.
Anyhoo back to my mom, she's just so in love with being Jeff's helper. It's weird. I like helping Shannon but I'm not good at anticipating her needs nor do I devote my time to it. First off, I hate it when someone does that to me. I'd rather have to work up the gumption to ask than have someone making all these assumptions about me. Secondly, why does she love this so? I just can't understand how she can spend her life mostly hanging out/doing what Jeff does along with him/anticipating his needs. It's like when she's alone, she doesn't know who she is. I see how being alone can be boring and tedious, but it's important. She acts like she's done learning or growing and would rather just focus on someone else for a change of pace. I don't think it works this way. I don't think my mom is very in touch with her self even though she is very self-involved.
I don't think I can have a Pisces child. I just can't continue this mother/child opposite Sun sign dynamic.